Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Valuable Lesson

I have just returned from a little trip to the beach. Since this was my first extended period of time in the sun for the season, I thought it best to be well equipped with sunscreen. I usually use SPF of 10 or less, but decided to bump it up to a 15 for this beach trip. I love the spray sunscreen because it is less of a mess and much easier to get those hard to reach places when there is no one there to rub the suntan lotion on your back! I finally had the perfect beach day, so off I go with my book, iPod, Blackberry, and sunscreen. I wasn't prepared for the massive wind that was present, but I really thought that I had done a good job of getting every part of exposed skin covered with sunscreen.

Not so much! They should put a warning label on those spray sunscreens...Don't use in windy conditions! I didn't realize until I was home and showered that there were different areas on my body that were varied between tan and lobster red! A nice splotchy look going on...oh, so attractive!

I learned a valuable lesson, though...wind and spray sunscreen don't play well together. Let this be a lesson to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment