Sunday, March 1, 2009

All Skate, Couple's Skate...

For my birthday this year I thought it would be fun to have a skating party. Many things have changed in the world of skating since I was a kid!

First of all, the kids aren't as nice as I remember us being when we were growing up! I had little 4 year olds that almost took me out! Seriously?! I wanted to say, "Kid, I'm bigger than you. You knock me over and I fall on you, it will hurt you way more than it will hurt me!"

Second, there are these dance teams out there on the floor. OK, that is just bizarre on so many levels! I don't really like to be skating around the rink with two guys who are synchronized skating. Whatever happened to just skating for the fun of it?

Third, it is a lot scarier to skate as an adult than as a child. Maybe it's because you aren't as close to the ground or that the bones break a lot easier now!

Lastly, the music isn't even stuff that I know, except for the few mainstream songs they played. Seriously, why can't they just bring back the days of a couple's skate to Prince's "Purple Rain" or something slow from back in the day? These kids today need to know what it's like to kick it old style!

No comments:

Post a Comment