Saturday, March 14, 2009

Healing Rain

I love the smell of rain! Some may not know what I'm talking about, but it's a distinctive smell, indicative of the oncoming cleansing. When the pollen counts are high, I'm extremely grateful for the rain. More often than not, I'm not too thrilled with the rain. It can be a hassle and inconvenience. Sometimes it causes me more problems than I'd really care to deal with in my day!

I was thinking today how sometimes there are storm clouds in my soul. When it does rain in my soul, I respond in many of the same ways that I do when I see physical rain. I want the cleansing to come; but when God brings it, I'm less than thrilled with the pain it sometimes produces. I've prayed and said to God, "Whatever it takes to bring You glory, I'm ready to deal with it!" What I'm starting to realize is that I really want God to bring the cleansing rain when it is convenient for me. That isn't really how He works, is it? However, it is the right time for the cleansing to come! As I allow myself to be immersed in His rain, I find that it brings cleansing and healing...much like physical rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment