Saturday, January 31, 2009

Let's Bowl...Let's Bowl...Let's Rock and Roll...

I am not the greatest of bowlers. It's more like gutterballs all the way, with the occasional pin here and there. I don't really take myself seriously! I would just like to know where are the stunt balls that they used in Grease 2? They made it look so easy...they swing their arm, ball in hand, all the way around and then throw it down the lane and a strike soon follows. And, to top it all off, they are singing and dancing down the lane! Bowling in real life isn't that easy.

First, the balls are not stunts! It should be an easy task to find the perfect ball, but it is more difficult than it appears! I had a list of qualifications for my ball: 1) It had to be pretty. 2) It needed to be as light as possible. 3) It needed to have holes that my fingers didn't get stuck in! I thought I had found such a ball, so I proceed to go to my lane and send the ball down toward the pins, or the gutter in my case. :) After about three or four frames, my thumb was killing me! I have been injured, injured bad!!!! Bowling should not leave you with bruises. It is NOT a contact sport! What is up with that?! Needless to say, I gave up on putting my fingers in the holes and proceeded to granny bowl, sit on the floor and kick it down with my feet, and any other way I could think of. Surprisingly, I got more pins down when I sat on the floor and kicked it than I did any other way!

Second, you and those around you do not break out into a musical number while bowling! Seriously, if I had started walking toward the lane and started in with, "Let's Bowl, let's bowl, let's rock and roll...hey, c'mon let's get this show on the road..." the people in the place would have looked at me like I had lost my mind! I think I would have done a much better job if I had been singing while bowling! I'm just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment