Saturday, January 10, 2009

If 2008 was supposed to be the year of change, what does that make 2009?

When we entered 2008, people kept telling me it was the year of change. So, I anxiously awaited these BIG changes that were said to be headed my way in the year to come. To me, big changes meant life-altering changes. As the year came to an end, I reflected back and there were no life-altering changes, just normal every day life changes...I moved to a new apartment, began dating someone...heartache soon followed, tried new things like hanggliding (so gonna go again) and Morroccan food (yeah, once was enough for me on this one!), and changed my hair color (numerous times)...nothing BIG! So, here I was at the end of 2008 thinking, "If 2008 was supposed to be the year of change and nothing happened, what did that make 2009 the year of?"

After much thought, I came to the conclusion that I'm not making any BIG predictions for this year. I want to continue to live life to the fullest, taking advantage of every opportunity presented to me, and maybe taking a few more risks along the way. I learned some valuable lessons in 2008, and I can honestly say that I have no regrets! There's a scene from 13 Going on 30 that I just love...Jennifer Garner's character is sitting across the table from her mom and she asks her if she could have one do-over in her life what would it be, and her mom replies nothing...I have no regrets. Jennifer Garner's character is shocked that she has no regrets and the mom says that if she didn't make the mistakes along the way she wouldn't know how to make things right. So, in 2009, I'm going to continue to live with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment