Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shining Like the Moon

I'm a mix between a city & country girl. I love the city lights. However, I love to be away from all the lights and have the only light be from the light of the moon. Lots of people talk about watching the sun rise over the ocean. While I enjoy the beauty of the sunrise, I'm a little opposite of most people. I like to watch the moon dance on the ocean.

There's a line from the song, "Shine," by Salvador that says, "I want to shine like the moon a reflection of You." As I sat and pondered this line, I realized what a beautiful symbol the moon is of what our lives, as Christians, should look like. The moon is merely reflecting the light from the sun. Just like we should be reflecting The Son!

Proverbs 27:19 "As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects man."

No comments:

Post a Comment